Nothing beats a nice slice of warm banana with butter or à la mode with ice cream on the side or over the top. Can be made with or without nuts.
2 cups of sifted flour *
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 beaten eggs
3 mashed ripped bananas
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup) softened (with or without salt)
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease bread pan(s) (1-9”x5”, 2 – half loaf pans, 3 – mini-loaf pans).
- In a separate bowl mash bananas.
- In a large bowl sift flour, salt baking soda.
- In another bowl beat together butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Then add eggs
and bananas and blend well. Add flour to banana mixture. Once blended together
fold in the walnuts/pecans and then pour into bread pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let it
cool a few minutes and then turn out onto wire rack for cooling.
Serve sliced with butter or warm with vanilla ice cream.
*Sift the flour to break up clumps.